With this document, Marisa Sias, data controller, pursuant to art. 13 of EU 2016/679 Regulation of 27 April 2016, known as GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) concerning the protection of individuals with regard to the processing and free circulation of personal data, provides users of this website www.marisasias.com some information about the cookies used and how to deactivate them.
This information may be updated in accordance with European and national regulations on this matter, so you are invited to constantly check this page to make sure you agree to any changes.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files sent from the site to the party’s terminal (usually to the browser), where they are stored to be retransmitted to the site at the next visit of the same user. A cookie can not retrieve any other data from the user’s hard disk or transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses.
While browsing a site, the user can receive cookies on his terminal from sites or other web servers (“third-party”) on which some elements (such as images, maps, sounds, specific links to pages of other domains) on the site that the same is visiting.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Technical cookies are used only in order to “transmit a communication on an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the information society service provider explicitly required by the subscriber or user to provide such service”.
They are not used for further purposes and are normally installed directly by the owner or website manager. They can be divided into:
- Navigation or session cookies, which ensure the normal browsing and use of the website (allowing, for example, a purchase or authentication to access restricted areas); they are in fact necessary for the proper functioning of the site.
- Analytical cookie, similar to technical cookies when used directly by the site manager to gather aggregated information about the number of users and how they visit the site in order to improve site performance.
- Functionality cookies, which allow the user to navigate according to the selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for the purchase) in order to improve the offered services. No user consent is required for the installation of such cookies (more information are available in the “Cookies management” section).
The law states that “technical cookies” can be installed on the user’s device by notice, which is provided with this document.
Profiling cookies are designed to create user profiles and are used to send advertisements in line with the preferences displayed by the same in the context of network browsing. Due to the particular invasiveness that such devices may have in the private sphere of users, European and Italian legislation provides that the user must be properly informed of their use and express their consent.
In fact, the regulation provides that the storage of information in the terminal device of a contractor or a user or access to information already stored is permitted only on condition that the contractor or the user has expressed their explicit consent after being been informed in simplified ways.
In the case of third-party cookies, the site does not have direct control of individual cookies and can not control them (it can neither install them directly nor delete them). You can still manage these cookies through your browser settings (follow the instructions below), or with the sites listed in the “Cookies management” section. The user is therefore invited to do all checks in the third-party site listed in the table below.
Analytical/Monitoring Third-Party Cookies
The user can selectively disable Google Analytics action by installing the “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on” on your browser: opt-out provided by Google.
COOKIES INSTALLED ON THIS WEBSITE
COOKIE NAME AND DURATION
- wordpress_test_cookie: functional cookie used by WordPress for testing if the browser used is able to accept cookies. Duration: session.
- _pll_language: technical cookie of functionality used for store the preferences of the user’s language. This cookie is associated to the Polylang plugin for WordPress and it is used for the development of multilingual websites. For more information, please consult the Legal Notice. Duration: 1 year.
Cookies have a duration dictated by the expiration date (or from a specific action such as browser closure) set by the time of installation. Cookies according to the duration can be:
- Session cookies: are used to store temporary information, allow to link actions that are executed during a specific session, and are erased from the computer when the user close the browser.
- Persistent cookies: are used to store information, such as the login name and password, so that the user do not have to type them again each time he visit a specific site. These cookies remain stored on the user’s computer/device even after having close the browser for a pre-defined period of time.
You can reject, disable cookies from your browser and delete all cookies currently saved on your computer by working on your web browser‘s settings. Please note that modifying browser cookie settings may prevent you from fully enjoying the features of the website. Each browser has different procedures for managing the settings.
You may choose to enable or disable cookies by working on your browser‘s settings according to the instructions provided by the respective supplier to the following links:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Safari (macOS Sierra)
- Safari iOS (iPhone, iPad o iPod touch)
If you have already given your consent but you want to change cookies permissions, you must delete them through the browser, as indicated, otherwise they will not be removed. In particular, keep in mind that third-party cookies can not be controlled in any way, so if you have previously given your consent, you can deactivate/delete third-party cookies by using the methods provided directly by third parties holder for such treatment, as indicated in the links in the “Analytical/Monitoring Third-Party Cookies” section, or by requesting opt-outs directly to third parties or via the website www.youronlinechoices.com.
If you want to know more about it, you can visit the following websites:
RIGHTS OF THE INTERESTED PARTY
If you live in certain territories, including the EU, you have different rights related to your personal information. While some of these rights are generally applicable, others apply only in some specific cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of your personal information in our possession by contacting me using the following contact information.
- Modification, limitation, cancellation. In addition, you have the right to change your personal information, to limit the use of your personal information or to delete your personal information. Except for exceptional circumstances (such as where I have to keep the data for legal purposes), I generally delete personal information on request.
- Opposition. You may object (i) to the processing by me of some of your information based on my legitimate interest and (ii) to receiving marketing messages from me after providing your explicit consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information, unless there are compelling and legitimate reasons for me to continue using such information or where it is necessary for legal reasons.
- Complaint. If you live in the EU and wish to express a concern regarding the use of your information (and without prejudice to any rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data I hold about you, including any data you have provided to me. You can also request that I erase any personal data I hold about you. This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
MY CONTACT INFORMATION
For the purposes of the European Data Protection Act, Marisa Sias has been designated as the responsible for the processing of your personal information. In case of questions or doubts, requests must be addressed:
- via email to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- via PEC: email@example.com
- or sent to Marisa Sias, Pravisdomini (PORDENONE), Via Villa, 11/1, 33076 – Italy.
Last updated 26 May 2018